Have you ever wondered why some people truly feel happy, calm, composed, and well-adjusted in their own skin? Or why others, for no apparent reason, feel depressed, anxious, apathetic, and reluctant to engage in their life fully? Here at Natural Balance Wellness, we see and successfully treat it every day. For a more in depth understanding of how we approach neurotransmitter imbalances, please visit our article here.
New Patient Process
1. New Patient Phone Consultation- Call for your complementary 20 min consultation with Dr. Soorya. This is to get to know you and hear your story as well as briefly tell you how we approach neurotransmitter imbalances.
If you decide to join our clinic, you will proceed with the following steps.
2. In person evaluation (60 min) -The purpose of this visit is to finish talking about your story and decide what testing is needed. You will also have a physical exam at this time.
Typical testing includes:
- HPA profile with Neurotransmitters (Sanesco)- this test looks at both adrenal function and neurotransmitter levels through saliva and urine testing. Adrenal function and neurotransmitters are very closely connected in their physiology so it is important to test both to understand your complete picture.
- Nutritional Urine Testing (FMV)- this test is a urine sample that looks at metabolites of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and neurotransmitters. Nutritional deficiencies can often times mimic mood symptoms so correcting these imbalances first can set you up for greater success when initiating neurotransmitter rehabilitation.
- Blood test- If you have already had blood work done, we are more than happy to see and work with what you have already if it is recent enough. Important blood work for evaluating neurotransmitter function include CBC, CMP, cholesterol, thyroid function studies, B12, folate, and iron studies.
If something concerning is flagged on these initial tests or during our initial discussion, we may need to order additional testing depending on the nature of what was found.
3. Lab Review (30 min)- After all your testing is in, we will discuss the findings and put together your treatment plan which includes dietary, lifestyle, and nutriceutical interventions.
If you would like more in-depth dietary recommendations, you may also schedule an appointment with our registered dietitian.
4. Follow up appointments (20 min)- While you work with our clinic, you will have an appointment approximately every 4 weeks initially for the first 4-5 months while we proceed through the steps of neuotransmitter rehabilitation. This is for your safety and to ensure that you are tolerating all of the supplements, trouble shoot any problems you may be having, and help provide any guidance and coaching. Of course if you need to see us anytime sooner than your scheduled appointment, you may always schedule to see us. We are here for you!
After you are on all the supplements, we give your body time to repair. At this time, we do not require follow-up but should any concerns or issues come up, we are always here for you and want to see you.
5. Discharge appointments (20-30 min)- Once we have successfully rehabilitated your neurotransmitters, you will be taken off of supplements in a structured manner. We will meet one more time after you have been taken of supplements to see how you are doing and provide long term discharge instructions which include dietary, lifestyle modifications and periodic supplementation protocols.
Most patients take about 1 year to properly rehabilitate their neurotransmitters. It does take time, but we want to make sure we do it right so that you sustain all of the improvements you make with our clinic!
Understanding Our Clinic Policies
Our clinic policies deserve a section all to itself and includes important information about working with our clinic, refund policies, payment information, cancellation policies, etc. We request that all new patients review this material prior to enrolling with our clinic.
Billing Process: As a medical center, it is our sincere intention that your visit be recognized by insurance AND qualify for reimbursement based on your “out-of network” benefits. Our clinic’s ability to provide superbills for your visit and utilize insurance for testing is why we are able to save patients thousands of dollars compared to other practices run by limited license clinicians such as chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, acupuncturist, etc. That said, we are unable to guarantee your insurance will reimburse your visits. Nor can we project how much reimbursement you might receive.
For general pricing information, please see the table below. We do offer follow-up visits via phone/video conference as a convenient way for you to still reach your health goals without feeling like you have to take a lot of time out of your schedule to drive and see us. We have patients all over the state and country who love our clinic for this!
Please note: the times below include preparation and post counseling with the nurse or clinical assistant, as well as direct collaboration with our physicians or clinicians.
We Are Here to Help You!
On behalf of the Natural Balance Team, we hope you have found this information helpful and we look forward to working with you!
To schedule your New Patient appointment or if you have any questions, please contact Lili Boggess at 734-929-2696, extension 11.