Dr. Boggess (Medical Director)
Dr. Tony Boggess is a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) physician, speaker, and writer who specializes in Nutritional and... read more
Dena Sabou, Hyperbarics Director & Parent Educator
Dena Sabou is a well-known autism awareness advocate in South East Michigan and patient/physician educator for Health Dimensions Compou... read more
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
As a medical practice that specializes in holistic health we know the science of hyperbaric oxygen and we offer sound advice to our patients and patrons. We invite you to enjoy our new website and call our office to inquire more about our programs.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (also known as HBOT) is a method by which we deliver 100% oxygen to the entire body at greater than normal atmospheric pressure. Oxygen is one of natures great healers, especially as it pertains to inflammation and injury in deep tissues (the brain and gastrointestinal for example). In general oxygen is known to accelerate the body’ natural ability to heal itself.
Several worthwhile phenomena occur in a hyperbaric oxygen environment that makes healing happen. For example:
- Inflammation is reduced in deep tissue structures
- body tissues and blood become saturated with oxygen
- Increased production of stem or origination cells (promoting tissue regeneration where possible)
- New capillaries are developed
- Blood vessels dialate and circulation improves
- Appears to supports and stimulate the immune system
- Restores oxygen to oxygen deficient tissues
- Assist with the repair of damaged tissue
- Clinically reported to reduce pain (and inflammation)
- Known to decreases edema and swelling
- Known to fight infection with oxygen sensitive invading organisms
- Aids in detoxification and reduces oxidation stress.
In summary, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) brings hope to people when healing has not been found with conventional approaches. It’s generally safe, when proper precautions are followed and has virtually no adverse side effects. The most beneficial way to undergo Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is to do so intensely over short time-frames. For example 2, 1 hour treatments daily for 30-60 days. Hence, our office makes this therapy available to patients via a home rental program. The unit fits easily in any home (as noted below) and is rented on a monthly basis.