Struggling with burn out, fatigue, mood, or sleep disturbance? Craving sugar or salt? Chances are you may have some sort of HPA axis dysregulation going on. The HPA axis is the body’s regulatory system which helps control our response to stress. In today’s society, we are bombarded with stress from all angles- relationships, work, deadlines, medical issues, etc. This unfortunately can take a toll on your adrenal glands and your overall well-being. Activated for minutes to hours, the response from the adrenals is very helpful and life saving. Left unchecked for weeks, months, or even years, this response can become horribly uncomfortable and ultimately lead to chronic health and mood problems. For a more in depth understanding of HPA axis dysregulation, please visit our article on it (link to HPA article).
At Natural Balance, we understand that these symptoms can be debilitating and negatively impair your quality of life. We want you to know that there is hope! We see and successfully treat this everyday and look forward to having the chance to work with you.
New Patient Process
1. New Patient Phone Consultation- Call for your complementary 20 min consultation with Dr. Soorya. This is to get to know you and hear your story as well as briefly tell you how we approach HPA axis dysregulation.
If you decide to join our clinic, you will proceed with the following steps.
2. In person evaluation (60 min) -The purpose of this visit is to finish discussing your story and decide what testing is needed. You will also have a physical exam at this time.
Typical testing includes:
- Sanesco or Flex 5- Both of these tests look at your salivary cortisol/DHEA ratio throughout the day. These tests help us stage your adrenal issues. The Sanesco test also tests your neurotransmitter levels. Your insurance will help guide which test will be covered.
- FMV- This is a first morning urine evaluating for any nutritional deficiencies you may have. If you do not have a strong foundation with nutritional building blocks, it is difficult to rehabilitate your system and bring you back into balance.
- Blood work- If you have already had blood work done, we are more than happy to see and work with what you have already if it is recent enough. Important blood work for evaluating adrenal patients include: cholesterol, production and absorption markers for cholesterol, Hg A1C, fasting insulin, fasting glucose, CBC, CMP, and thyroid studies.
If something concerning is flagged on these initial tests or during our initial discussion, we may need to order additional testing depending on the nature of what was found.
3. Lab Review (30 min)- After all your testing is in, we will discuss the findings and put together your treatment plan which includes dietary, lifestyle, and nutriceutical interventions.
4. Follow up appointments (20 min)- While you work with our clinic, you will have an appointment approximately every month for the first 3-4 months while we are rehabilitating your HPA axis. This is for your safety and to ensure that you are tolerating all of the supplements, trouble shoot any problems you may be having, and help provide any guidance you may be seeking. If you would like more in-depth dietary recommendations, you may always schedule an appointment with our registered dietitian.
5. 3-4 Months of repair- After you are up and running on all of the lifestyle, dietary, and nutriceutical recommendations, we will give your body time to repair. At this time, no follow up is required for 3-4 months but if any issues come up, you may always contact us to schedule an appointment. We are always here for you!
6. Follow up appointment (20 min)- We will meet after 3-4 months to discuss how you are feeling and begin the weaning process off of all supplements and make any other additional lifestyle or dietary changes required.
7. Discharge appointment (20-30 min)- After a month, we will see how you are doing off of supplements and counsel you on long-term lifestyle, dietary, and wellness strategies.
Most patients take about 6-8 months to properly rehabilitate their adrenals, but depending on your adrenal status it could be longer or shorter. This process does take time, but we want to make sure we do it right so that you sustain all of the improvements you make with our clinic!
Understanding Our Clinic Policies
Our clinic polices deserve a section all to itself and includes important information about working with our clinic, refund policies, payment information, cancellation policies, etc. We request that all new patients review this material prior to enrolling with our clinic.
Billing Process: As a medical center, it is our sincere intention that your visit be recognized by insurance AND qualify for reimbursement based on your “out-of network” benefits. Our clinic’s ability to provide superbills for your visit and utilize insurance for testing is why we are able to save patients thousands of dollars compared to other practices run by limited license clinicians such as chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, acupuncturist, etc. That said, we are unable to guarantee your insurance will reimburse your visits. Nor can we project how much reimbursement you might receive.
For general pricing information, please see the table below. We do offer follow-up visits via phone or video as a convenient way for you to still reach your health goals without feeling like you have to take a lot of time out of your schedule to drive and see us. We have patients all over the state and country who love our clinic for this!
Please note: the times below include preparation and post counseling with the nurse or clinical assistant, as well as direct collaboration with our physicians or clinicians.
We Are Here to Help You!
On behalf of the Natural Balance Team, we hope you have found this information helpful and we look forward to working with you!
To schedule your New Patient appointment or if you have any questions, please contact Lili Boggess at 734-929-2696, extension 11.